NoiseTheorem, 'Dust'

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 23:08:03 CET 2012

Band camp lets you name your price.   I could have set all the way to zero
if I wanted and given it away (though they limit the number of downloads
you get when you do that).   At checkout, the user can choose to pay more
than $5 if they wish (and surprisingly, a few buyers have).  The money goes
right to your paypal account as the gross sale. Band camp then bills you
for their share on some schedule.

Setting up the page was dead easy and the stats it gives me are great.   I
really like this.   I am still waiting for CDBaby to list my release, but
bandcamp was instant.  I plan to do all my releases this way.

Tony

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2012, at 3:51 PM, Chris Strellis <chris at strellis.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Tony,****
>
> I’m liking what I’m hearing.****
>
> If you give me you download link and your Paypal address I’ll send you 10
> dollars gifted.****
>
> You deserve more than you’ve set bandcamp to give you (minus their take)
> and your deserve at least a beer…maybe two I don’t know the prices they are
> running in the US for beers but in the UK a pint is around 3 pounds 30p!**
> **
>
> Cheers****
>
> Chris
>

> Geez... way to make the people who paid $5 look like cheapskates… ;p
>
> Actually it looks like $5 is about the going price for EP's on say iTunes.
> What does bandcamp take? I'm actually impressed with the interface having
> not really looked at it before, it reminds me a little of bleep.

NoiseTheorem:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NoiseTheorem
SoundCloud:http://soundcloud.com/noisetheorem
BandCamp:http://noisetheorem.bandcamp.com