Aurora

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 18:11:32 CET 2012

On Dec 9, 2012, at 10:03 AM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com> wrote:

> Op 8-12-2012 0:53, Joost Schuttelaar schreef:
>
>> On 7 dec. 2012, at 23:55, Paul Maddox <yo at vacoloco.net> wrote:
>>
>>> $250,000
>>
>> Completely doable.
>>
>> :)
>
> Martin already commented, but this is a quarter of a million dollars. That's a lot of money.
>
> - Peter

Good article talking about self-distribution

http://www.indiegamethemovie.com/news/2012/11/19/were-not-louis-ck.html

Also dive into google and look at what Ken Macbeth did with the micromac(which would up being fairly $$$.) Obviously he is a big name but there was a very grassroots thing going on there - i.e. the multitude of news posts on synthtopia, Ken talking up people in forums etc… I feel if you involve people on personal level with your work, they love it. That's essential what being independent is all about, one person's(or a small group's) personal vision made real.

Also anyone interested should check out Indie Game the Movie (even if you don't play video games,) it's a very good flick. It's streaming on Netflix. If you want buy it and you use Steam you should get it on there, the Team Meat special commentary is so worth it.