Aurora

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Thu Dec 6 15:53:19 CET 2012

On 06/12/12 06:30, Paul Maddox wrote:
> I'd *really* like this to be a keyboard, but it might end up as a rack
> module (purely to save a shit load of cost on the case).
> thing to bare in mind is, even as a rack version the cost of a 10 voice
> poly version is like to be around £3500, in this day and age I'm not
> sure people would pay that much for a synth.

personally, a perspex box with blinkenlights, midi in, some knobs,
cascadable to other boxes (perhaps made without the expensive knobs,
but otherwise identical) for polyphony... now that would be interesting.

presumably easier to manufacture, higher volumes, lower unit cost...

packagable in different form factors...

all based on the same (awesome) voice board...

Tony (HB)