VCA question

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Sat Dec 1 14:42:45 CET 2012

FWIW, it's only the decay side that gets shaped on a hihat,
unless you're doing physical modelling in the dsp world. The
attack should probably be just straight vertical.

Looking at how the sound decays, it's somewhere between linear
and logarithmic, and also dependent on what kind of envelope
you're applying to the timbre, if any.

In other words, there's only one way to find out... ;)

Tony (HB)