MIDI interface - suggestions?

Kim Johnsson johnssonkim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 07:25:52 CEST 2012

Hi guys!

I just upgraded my PC, hardware as well as opsys (XP -> Win7
Professional). Only to find out there are no Win7 drivers for my
MIDIsport 8x8, which totally blows.

Any good suggestions? I'm probably going for a MOTU Midi Express 128,
but I was also toying with the idea of USB hubs and a bunch of simple
1x1 USB Mid-interfaces. Would that be a really dumb idea? Intuition
tells me a MOTU-like dedicated eightpiece would be more stable &
accurate than eight individuals, but the basic setup itself seems
rather  flexible. Anyone tried something like that?

Cheers,

Kim