DIY sysex fader box status and questions.

ToAd tom.adam at thebigear.be
Sat Apr 21 14:56:31 CEST 2012

On 21/04/2012 14:31, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> 2 bits per encoder
> Sequence CW rotation:
> 00 10 11 01
> Sequence CCW rotation:
> 00 01 11 10
>
> .. which is in fact, binary coding (right?), so you have just one byte.  But, even then, can you  not just treat it as a const char and base a switch/if-else sequence off of it?
Well, that's what you get since I don't know the semantics ;-)
I'm such a noob with this stuff. Much more complicated than what I was
doing before with the arduino.
Anyway, this is the read out i get:
11111111
2 bit's per knob, so I'm reading 4 pots here.
When I turn the first encoder fast CW, I get this
01111111
00111111
10111111
11111111
01111111
When turning slow I get this:
01111111
11111111
00111111
11111111
10111111
11111111
11111111 - with the program I wrote I only show the values when
something changed, so this line and the next one are not printed
11111111
01111111
11111111

I was thinking of ignoring the 11111111 bytes as an option, but I came
up with a reason not to do this, but forgot exactly why ;-)

HTH.
I've been thinking this over for a couple of days now, still nothing.
What I suggested, to only read 01 - 10 or 10 - 01 makes the encoder go
+1 -1 in either direction, so that's a no go. (actually this is what I
expected...)

Cheers,
ToAd