The thing I hate about modular is...

K9 Kai Niggemann canine at waf80.de
Mon Apr 9 18:43:05 CEST 2012

On 08.04.2012, at 17:20, Andrew Tarpinian wrote:

> ... And some vanilla envelopes maybe, a uVCA, uFold, uStep, a few Malekko, everything from Make Noise, goike 6u case,

I keep reading all this stuff about the Make Noise and all those super expensive great modules, but I'm looking at all those Doepfer modules, trying to figure out what the best bang for the HP will be.

Tony mentioned it in the other modular thread -- for some strange reason people badmouth Doepfer (starts to change, though), so their stuff can be had for low prices.

I spoke to them at Musik Messe and their stuff is made in Germany, not by Chinese prisoners, which is something that I like, (although their parts are from all over the world)

> But I at least need a real second osc, I'm tired of using my filter

I'm one step ahead, looking for a third oscillator but also VCA/envelopes (a quad combo of those maybe?). I was thinking to go for a Dixie. or maybe the other route, and use something big and fancy?

> hold on, let me get my list... ;P

I hope you have a large case…;)

Kai