getting back to my roots a bit..

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 28 09:27:52 CEST 2011

Op 28-9-2011 5:22, Tony Scharf schreef:
> Recently, I picked up a new EMX1 to replace the one that died on me.
> I really missed the thing.  Its one of those pieces I dont even have
> to think to use.
>
> Anyway, I threw together a very quick and poorly mixed/structured
> cover of Front 242's 'Lovely Day' on it.
>
> Its not *really* ready to share, but I thought I would post it up here
> anyway to get some feedback.  Its a little static at the moment, but
> its got some good elements.  I may even try singing on it...which
> would be a first.
>
> This was recorded directly into Live as audio with no post processing.
>   I am calling up the patterns on the EMX on the fly.  I am not sure
> yet if I am going to multitrack it or not.
>
> http://soundcloud.com/noisetheorem/lovelyday-take1/s-W0esP
>

> Enjoy...or not.
>
> Tony

Hey, that sounds cool, Tony. I really like this kind of stuff:
simple, honest, not too many production tricks, etc.

Personally, I have always wanted to do some D.A.F-like stuff on
the EMX, but I still haven't taken the time. I'm sure it'll work,
though.

I think the EMX is excellent for doing the kind of tracks you
just did. The only multitracking I would do is vocals and perhaps
some weird FX or something.

Thanks for sharing.

--
Gert