iPad Moog

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 16 11:08:28 CEST 2011

K9 Kai Niggemann <canine at waf80.de> wrote:

>On 16.09.2011, at 10:23, Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
>
>> Well, if it sounds like one, it'll be a first. Here's hoping :)
>

>I think most of these "Moogs" sound close enough to be fun and to sit
>like a Moog in the mix.

I soooo love these sounds in their original form. They are sooooo great. Fun is fun too, but for me, the sound of those synths changed my life.

>Nothing sounds like an analog synth, so of course that's something that
>won't happen...

Is there some theoretical reason why a digital synth cannot sound analogue? I can listen to analogue synths on digital media, and they sound the same.

The Moog is the most difficult of synths to emulate, but emulation is possible. If not now, then someday, and the hardware is perfectly capable of supporting it.

Fun is great. The hardware available now can do so much more, although a Moog emulation is still out of reach (there are some interesting papers on a matrix approach to solving the equations).

So why assume it's impossible. Like assuming you'll never put a man on the moon.

Tony (HB)