PC broke down

James Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 13 22:22:33 CEST 2011

Is the fan on the CPU heatsink working correctly?  Even with paste, a
defective fan will not keep things cool.  It is also possible that the
heatsink is not sitting correctly on the CPU.  Any tilt or space you will
have trouble.  Depending on the heatsink and motherboard, they can be a
real pain to get seated properly.  You are definitely having a heat
problem.  If it isn't the CPU, I would look at temps on the northbridge
chipset or memory.  If you were having CPU heat temps though, you could
have damaged the motherboard and no amount of cooling after the fact will
fix things.

James R. Coplin