WTF!?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 8 22:53:26 CEST 2011

Op 8-9-2011 21:48, Gert van Santen schreef:

> Op 8-9-2011 21:37, punkdISCO schreef:
>>
>>> We had an earthquake in the NL - lasted 1 second. It's all over
>>> twitter...
>>
>> Woooh!! Did u feel it? Scary??
>>
>> Hopefully no damage done..
>
> Thanks, no damage. It lasted a couple of seconds. I read it was about
> 4.5 Richter. Epicentrum some 50 kms to the south east of Wageningen in
> Germany, 3 kms deep.

We had that a couple of years ago... I was at work, and all of a sudden
everything shook for a couple of seconds.

Very shortly afterwards, our mobile phone network had a bit of a
capacity problem. :)

But yeah, it's scary if you're not used to it. And if you *are* used to
it, it's even scarier, given Jay's reaction to my message back then.
(Obviously, what was the first thing I did when there was an earthquake?
Mail the Music Bar.)

Since Malta is at the very edge of the African tectonic plate, there are
some minor tremors once in a while, although I'm notoriously bad at
sensing them. (Slept right through a force 5.8 quake with the epicentre
25 km from where I lived at the time, even though it was felt as far as
Switzerland, England, France and the Czech Republic.)

Well, look at the bright side: it could have happened on your wife's
birthday. :)

- Peter