Defragging Mac OSX drives (non-SSD)

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 3 14:58:58 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I always thought defragging Mac OSX drives wasn't necessary, but
my 512 gig MBP drive was filled to the brim, plus it had gotten
rather slow in the 2 years I have used it.

So I found iDefrag and MacKeeper.

After using MacKeeper I got back 8 GB. Not bad :-)

Then I opened iDefrag. My HD looked like a terrible mess. Last
night I run the defragmentation. Now the HD looks neat and tidy
again, plus I got back another 2 GB of space. Also, the machine
feels snappier, so I'm really happy about these two progs.

Has anyone else done defragmentation on non-SSD Mac drives? How
dit it work for you?

Cheers,

Gert