6 to 8 channel audio player w/ amps for art installations?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 31 23:13:39 CET 2011

Op 31-10-2011 22:59, Michael Zacherl. schreef:

> hehe,  exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I'm negotiating a permanent installation, buying a laptop is not really an option.
> I think a DVD-player must do it.  ;-)

What's not entirely clear to me is whether you need 5.1 surround, or 6
to 8 discrete channels. With 5.1 surround, you get 3 discrete channels
at best. The ones at the back don't necessarily have the full range, and
the subwoofer just takes the low frequencies of everything.

If 5.1 is what you're after, how about one of those cheap-ish sets like
from Logitech to get 5.1 out of your computer?

- Peter