Supercollider dev question

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 27 07:38:20 CEST 2011

Hi Martin,

> You might want to take a look at the fixed point format in the cheap Alesis
> DSPs they used to build the Ion. I think they had a +/- 8.0000 range
> expressed with 24bits.

Do they have specs somewhere ? Yeah +/-8.000 seems like a good choice

> Of course, there's also the question why you're going for fixed point
> (unless you're targeting an embedded system that doesn't offer FP support).

 Yes, precisely. At this point cheap ARM based processors don't have FP and
I want to be able to target them. Maybe it'll be obsolete support in a few
years but then maybe some other, even cheaper board will come up on the
market :)

Thanks
Marc