animoog

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 21 22:15:12 CEST 2011

> I'm Marek Szulen, living in Netherlands close to Gert :)
> It's my first post here so just wanted to say "Hello everyone" (Gert told me few days ago: "You HAVE to be on music bar - so, here I'am ;) ).

Welcome Marek!

> At the moment I don't record much music  as I'm a father of a 1 year old boy :)

Great!  Hope you'll let us hear what you do when you break the spell, though!

> Could you, please, recommend some other synths for iPad (in addition do animoog)?

In no particular order, some words to search for:

sunrizer, NLog Pro, iElectribe, iMS20, Beatmaker2, noise.io, sunvox, iDrum, Sequence, BeatWave ..

There is a lot to choose from, so have a shop through them all in the store and see what interests you most.  I'm a huge fan of just sitting back with iMS20 and jamming with headphones for 20 minutes, for my jams with friends I'm playing mostly sunrizer, but recently animoog, and I've had 'phases' with most of the other synths, which .. don't get as much attention as my one-year old and four-year old would like. :)

> What  midi interface would you recommend for iPad (at the moment I'm not going to buy Akai Synthstation).

You can get by with the Apple Camera Connection Kit, which has a USB Host adapter, and a USB-MIDI cable.  This way you get MIDI in and out for cheap, and can use the Connection Kit for other things too (taking pics off SD cards and USB sticks).

But if you want really solid MIDI, the IKMultimedia iRig MIDI adapter is what I would currently recommend - its rock solid, and also has the advantage of being able to power the iPad while you're using it .. you can't do this with the Camera Kit option.

Anyway, welcome to the music-bar!
;
--
Jay Vaughan