I'm sad

Synth.Net EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 20 18:30:18 CEST 2011

Marc,

> Paul, I was reading zira's spec and it triggered the 'subosc' question in my
> mind again: is there anything specific to them beside the fact that they've
> got no/fewer control parameters ? do you do anything special with it that is
> not done with the 'standard' osc ?

They tend to be only square wave, and usually always half the value of
one of the oscillators.
Why do this in place of a third?

simple, it's quick and easy, costs almost zero in electronics and
gives instant extra "oomph" to your sound.

plus, on Zira it was a freebie it cost like two lines of code and one
resistor to add.

Paul
P.s. I'll see what I can do with an app for iPhone/iPad.