How to explain an analog state variable filter ..

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 12 21:55:01 CEST 2011

On 12/10/11 21:40, ibisum wrote:
> .. properly:
>
> http://worrydream.com/#!/Tangle
>
> {scroll down}
>
> Brilliant.

Indeed brilliant! What a fantastic concept for a web page.

The filter itself doesn't show analogue behaviour, because you need (at least)
limiters or some kind of non-linearity in the circuit for that, but it does show
the behaviour of the frequency and resonance coefficients in a very helpful way.

(Plus I guess no-one really knows how to graph what happens when an analog
resonant filter overloads, including me, so best keep it simple... :) )

Tony (HB)