Somewhere...

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Oct 8 12:11:04 CEST 2011

+1 :)
I heard  that young students/ pupils in Holland  can choose for Chines at
school  ... ( I think it s very smart idea for many reasons)

Imo, English used now days is all about  the chaos theory of the past
(WW2)...
Luckily the bar doesn't propose Russian for the basic same reason from the
chaos theory of the past ( cold war) but I guess  there is also no-Russian
on the list ...
I'm still thinking  the best language in the World and Universe  is science
explained and not just the tag  (ie : bad science)...
Semantic - Abstractions exist in any languages cause words are used
mostly as a map(referential) which is not the territory by itself (reality)

Say in another way:
The map Is Not the territory ( a. Korzybski).
Words Are Not the reality ...

This is why, I think guys like Socrates developed techniques like the
 "Maieutic".. and begun almost all discussions saying :
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing" ... :)

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 5:07 AM, James Coplin <james at ticalun.net> wrote:

> It is for me.  I failed German in school.  If we really want to make a
> population argument and consider future subscribers, I would vote for
> Chinese since that would cover most of the planet and I can speak it. ;)
>
> Seriously, I would be super bummed if the list went to German.  This place
> is the brightest point of light on the internet as far as I'm concerned,
> even when we disagree.
>
> James R. Coplin

Romain