Upgraded to iPad2, my old iPad is available in case anyone ..

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 5 11:48:25 CEST 2011

Op 5-10-2011 11:25, K9 Kai Niggemann schreef:
> I was wondering which app you were using on the iPad during the gig?

The ipod app to play the backing music.

10 years ago we started by using the original synths and
sequencers - way too much work to set up for live, especially
considering the amount of time they will give you for set-up and
soundcheck. Moreover, it's extremely quirky with all the cables
and MIDI en mixers, etc.
When we were invited to the USA for a couple of gigs, we decided
this had to change. Plus there was just not enough space for so
much gear...

So we did CD's. Later this changed to DVD's (audio backing +
video backing - not a big succes; very quirky again), and later
still, a Macbook with Ableton live (worked well).
And now the iPad2 - rock-solid. Best choice we ever made. Finally
all the fun is back in playing on stage. When there's time for
more practice, we will include the electronic flute and some
percussion again.

> And you should disable the unlock "chick" sound...;)

I never heard that sound before, I swear! I guess Harry must have
been playing a bit with his iPad 2 before the gig :-)

cheers,

--
Gert