Smithsonian "Kontrol Surface" KS-1974

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 30 14:19:47 CET 2011

On 30.11.2011, at 13:44, Gert van Santen wrote:

> Itunes and Quicktime suck.

how? I don't agree.

I often use quicktime Pro to quickly stitch two videos together, or to replace the soundtrack with something else -- a quick and simple way to do it.

it works great for me to open (almost) any kind of media file on- and offline.

iTunes is my sound-database for all my field recordings and SFX libraries as well as my own work. All tagged, spread over several harddrives but all in one library. it's extremely fast, simple and versatile with over 23 000 files indexed.

All that Apps, PDF, iphone syncing etc stuff -- it's a bit superfluous for me. But the audio player and database functionality is second to no other program.

Kai