Taster for 'slowdown' album

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 24 19:13:42 CET 2011

> Sounds like a track from Vangelis' Blade Runner. *Really* atmospheric stuff!
>
> Would that be the Valhalla reverbs you mentioned and I bought (and
> didn't use yet)?

Yes, it's smothered in Valhallashimmer, and Valhallaroom, sometimes
cascaded - the album is pretty much the results of me learning what
they do, based on the music box source material which I happened to
have sitting around - shimmer especially is instant Eno/Vangelis
territory. There's a very interesting few blog entires the author has
written where he dissects what effects Vangelis and Eno are using
(such as stacked roland space echoes, and using the artifacts from
phase-correlated pitch-shifting) and explains how they have influenced
the plug-ins.

- Andy_R