Hard drives

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 14 14:48:37 CET 2011

On 12/11/2011 12:22, Michael Zacherl. wrote:
> yeah, I read about that but didn't realise how urgent that was!  :-(
> Just checked: The price for my currently favourite HDD (Samsung F4, 2TB) has tripled!  Ouch!
> I need a Plan B or so, otherwise my VHS-to-digital project will be on hold.  :-(

That..will..take..ages.. (to convert VHS)
I helped a guy do that, and wave goodbye to a month or two of tape
swapping :)

Reports are next JUNE for production to be back to normal.
Expect drives to simply run out of stock, prices to rise further, then
gradually decline TO A PRICEPOINT HIGHER THAN BEFORE THE INCIDENT.
This is a familiar pattern.