Presonus firestudio project and such

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 7 22:12:34 CET 2011

In live, I always turn off the warping.  It just completely destroys
the feel of some tracks and adds a weird muddled sound to things.  I
often put drum loops into something like impulse for triggering them
more like a sampler.  I find this can work better than audio clips in
some instances.

Things are better than they used to be with live...but latency and
timing are definitely not my favorite aspects of the program.  Just
try recording live MIDI into it.  It never ever lines up right because
there doesnt appear to be any delay compensation between the audio and
MIDI.  In general, MIDI seems like an afterthought in live.  It would
just rather you use only soft synth or loop construction kits and
pretend the world didn't exist before VST.

Tony