6 to 8 channel audio player w/ amps for art installations?

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Nov 1 03:15:09 CET 2011

One thought I have would be to use ADAT or some hardware Hard disk
multitracker from the last decade.  You would get 8 discrete channels,
and they could be looped.  They could probably be had dirt cheap now
as well, and you could probably easily swap the drives out for SD card
drives.  Almost all of those would have ADAT connections on them which
could be used to distribute the audio around (though you would need
D/A boxes and something to handle the routing (an old MOTU 2408 would
handle it, and could probably be found used for cheap).  Basically,
this would be a sweet pro setup around 2001...but could probably be
cobbled together off the second hand market for significantly less.

Tony