I've finished my first album!

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 30 15:12:17 CEST 2011

Awesome, I'm so glad to hear people are enjoying it!

We almost have a cover image now as well - although it's not
particularly under my control as Echodub has a certain style which is
adhered to for the sake of consistency.  Still, I get final refusal on
it, and it looks likely that it will be based on an arty photo that
either Katy or I took from around where we live, which is great
because this album is very much flavoured by my journey of the last
year and a half to where we live now.

Incidentally, some of the tunes were written late at night in the
early winter when I had a partial studio set up in one of the barns
here.  No insulation, no heating, dry inside but a bit windy, and
quite a spooky place to work.

"Down The Wire" in particular was inspired by being in that barn on a
very windy night (I was thinking how we're all the way down the end of
this valley, and our only link to the outside world is the phoneline),
and also "Dialect" and "Two Roads" were written out there, before it
got too cold and my 3 jumpers, trousers, thermal leggings, ski jacket
and saolpettes, scarf, hat, fingerless gloves, thermal socks and heavy
boots were no longer enough to hold off the cold of working out there.
 (That's no exaggeration - I really did wear that amount of clothing
to work on those three tunes, and could generally only manage 2-3
hours at a time because of the cold!)

It was at that point that I decided to move the studio into the house, heh!

The chronological order of the tracks on the album is not the same as
the progression of the tracks, but they seemed to fit together in this
order best.

Cheers,

~Dave