Alone but Together ...

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 22 17:56:42 CET 2011

On 21/03/11 21:02, Peter Korsten wrote:
> Op 21-3-2011 15:14, Tony Hardie-Bick schreef:
>
>> http://www.timewind.net/elements
>
> Still listening to the first piece, so cannot really comment yet, but
> what did you use to transcribe the music?

Lilypond :-)

I was able to hack it (well, tweak some parameters in a user-space function) to
draw a 10-string tablature, and *thicken* the heaviest (nearly central) string,
which, aside from (IMHO) looking amazingly cool, makes the tab much more
readable, since the eye can quickly identify the strings, which then relate to
the sense of touch. (I still read the tab not the score, when playing ;-) )

BTW It's the other way around: I played from the music (well, memorized it first).

Writing music in vim seems pretty natural, if you like programming languages
(which I do) :-)

Tony (HB)