Admin user

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 30 23:04:15 CEST 2011

Here is a question for all you Unix savvy people:

I am told over and over not to work as an Admin-enabled user in Mac OS X, for security reasons.

What strikes me as odd is that very often when I want to install a program, it asks me to enter an admin password (even Ableton Live does it, when installing the trial version).

So in that moment, I am giving the installer admin privileges, no matter what kind of user I am logged in as.

so what's better about not working as an admin user?

I understand that "Admin" is something different from "root" that needs to be enabled separately?

Where is a link that explains account-security to a Mac user?

;)

Kai