iMac or MBP...

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jun 12 00:20:00 CEST 2011

Hi Peter

On 11.06.2011 11:16, Peter Korsten wrote:
>> What exactly did you have in mind as DIY system? I checked the
> Anyway, the mainboard I was talking about is this:
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/ICH9/X7SPA-HF-D525.cfm
> And then put it in this case:
> http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&prod=43

Ahhh, ok - I thought you were talking about some complete solution from
them. I actually found those two components here as well. Without the
disks, I'd end up just short of CHF 500.-, which is indeed about €400. I
have to admit, you've got me thinking there... I think I might try an
install on one of the mini-PCs we've got flying about at work just to
get a taste.

How would you boot the machine? The Intel ICH9R controller supports
RAID, so I'd assume I can just install the OS on the main volume?

Martin