Västerås Music-bar Meeting

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jun 5 01:20:02 CEST 2011

Op 3-6-2011 12:47, Tony Hardie-Bick schreef:

>>> Anyway, I've booked my leave from work for that period. I'm waiting a bit
>>> with booking a flight, to make sure that it's not just me showing up. :)
>
> Different country, at least a couple of people you haven't met before (I met a
> few of Micke's friends when they visited London a while back), musical
> instruments, coffee, good food... :)

Well, so far confirmed are Joost and Gert (95%). Those I know; what use
is that? ;)

OK, I haven't met Micke yet, I'll grant you that. :)

Anyway, the trip of my wife to Paris is off (one of her friends probably
has lupus, which kinda messes things up), and she scolded me for
suggesting that maybe I should drop the Sweden trip, too. Oh well. Guess
it's still on then.

Coffee I don't drink, but good food, now *that* would be interesting. I
*love* food, and how it differs from one country to the next. For
example, there's no comparison between the food you get in Italy (I no
longer recommend trattoria Il Tritone, but I do recommend ristorante
Nautilus these days; we're talking about Rome BTW) and what you get in
Germany. Italy has divine food that makes you praise the Virgin Mary,
whilst Germany has more rustic food. Both are enjoyable in their own
way. So... I'm curious to find out what the Swedes eat, other than
knäckebröd.

Also, so far the northernmost I've ever been is around the 53rd parallel
(Groningen, the Netherlands), and Västerås is around the 59th parallel.
In comparison: I live around a latitude of 35.5° N. So it'd be exciting
to find out what Sweden has to offer other than Volvo, Ikea, Abba, and a
mediocre football team with exceptionally good looking fans. :)

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is transportation. The flight
arrives at 23:30, in the middle of nowhere. Oh well, what's life without
a little adventure?

- Peter