A wireless solution for your average MIDI studio ..

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 15 18:34:39 CEST 2011

On 15.07.2011 5:44, Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> As I said earlier: Try to imagine a *complete* system on a stage,
>> including multiple audio sources, multiple players.

> I think of it as a replacement for the laptop - moving a lot of the
> i/o problem to wireless, and then the application "smarts" are all in
> the tablet .. so its sort of a 'next generation
> computer-in-the-music-rig' type of product.

I think now we're slowly going somewhere. I'm with Tony in that I don't
believe you're going to replace the laptop. However, there is a clear
desire to get rid of the computer as the performance interface.

Portable devices, sensors, keyboards, guitar-to-midi, and a tablet as
less imposing "screen-style" input probably makes a good combination as
the performance input. Bringing all these things together reliably is
certainly something where your technology could work. I wouldn't worry
about patch management or talking to hardware synths and all that stuff
because that's what the DAW is already good at.

Martin