A wireless solution for your average MIDI studio ..

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 15 13:01:35 CEST 2011

.. so, I'm currently working for one of the leading implementors of ANT+ technology, here in Austria:

http://thisisant.com/

We're throwing around the idea (naturally) of building an ANT-based wireless network system/technology/product for music studios that allows them to control MIDI-based equipment wirelessly, using an Android tablet or iPad.

What do you guys think of the idea?  If you could buy a package for $500 that would allow you to plug in your rack of MIDI gear and administer it (patch changes/editing/etc.) from a wireless tablet, would you go for it?  Any ideas about the viability of such an idea that you want to share?

We've already got some prototypes working (iPhone synth can be controlled over ANT+) and are working on some other ideas along this line .. so I'm very interested in what the -bar has to say about this ..

j.