Audio interface

diode EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jul 13 00:25:08 CEST 2011

Le 12 juil. 2011 à 22:45, K9 Kai Niggemann a écrit :

> On 12.07.2011, at 20:10, diode wrote:
>
>> To get back on the 828 family, it's certainly the most troublesome audio interface MOTU ever produced. I'm a bit fed up of seeing people with bricked ones coming at me for help…
>
> strange, a friend has one he bought in 2000 and it's still running fine.

Some are fine, most of them certainly, but it's really the one we get complains about and that only MOTU can help as it's an hardware issue (components inside committing suicide). Either they get silent one day or have a period of trouble a hard reset can solve (for the models it can be done, that is, not the mki) and eventually, they die.

Note that it's more a mki or mkii issue, I don't remember any mkiii being in trouble.

Usually we get maybe one or two pieces of any interfaces hardware that has a problem, the black sheeps of the production. But for the 828, it's way more than these figures. It's stupid as MOTU hardware is deemed reliable, if the driver may not be for all configs (on pcs).

diode
diodeladder at free.fr