Let's talk about little harware

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 26 07:27:53 CET 2011

Op 26-1-2011 2:47, diode schreef:

> What bothers me the most is that with CRTs you could really work with decent colors given you had the right family of hardware (diamontron was DOG incarnated). Now a calibrator is mandatory to be serious. Damn ,TFT. But the calibrator will wait too, I'll buy one after the screen, later.

My e-IPS screen blows any CRT out of the water. The brilliance and
vivacity of the colours are like those of a top-end flat-screen TV.

At work, I have a TN 22" Dell, also via DVI, and you don't get any of
the blurriness or colour shifts. From what I read (following this
thread), the 2209WA comes with pretty decent settings from the factory.
I put the brightness at 33 and the contrast at 75, which is as close as
you can get to a calibrated screen without shelling out €200 for a
dedicated device.

- Peter