Let's talk about little harware

diode EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 25 15:23:04 CET 2011

Le 25 janv. 2011 à 07:11, Jay Vaughan a écrit :

>> - wifi N card or USB (linux and hackintosh)
>
> For this, get an Alpha Networks AWUS036H adapter.  Amazing support for it in Linux.

I was thinking about something along the lines… need one for "wardriving" in summer…

> I use a Mac 101-key keyboard on my Linux box these days.  Best keyboard in ages.

Not thought of this, and I've played around Fedora on the macbook ;)

(get us back the 107 keyboards!)

Le 25 janv. 2011 à 07:13, Peter Korsten a écrit :

> Can't help you with the Bluetooth and WiFi, but does it really make a
> difference what keyboard you take? In other words, does it have to have
> the Mac layout, or could you do with a generic PC keyboard?
>
> If the latter is the case, get a scissor-switch type keyboard. They have
> the sort of keys you find on a laptop. The Logitech illuminated one is
> in use by Martin, and he's happy with it.
>
> Alternatively, you may look around for a mechanical keyboard, but make
> sure you get a silent one (and be prepared to lay down a relatively
> large amount of cash).

That was exactly why I wanted some input, there's a lot of crap out there I don't have to care of as I use Apple keyboards and I don't have to deal with this sort of crap…

> For the mouse, any should do. I love the Razer mice, which aren't cheap
> (as anything from Razer isn't cheap), and come with a ton of gaming
> blah-blah mumbo jumbo, but they're lovely mice. Just don't get a white one.

noted

>> Slowly on the hunt for a (cheap) color friendly screen too� As I may have to do some graphic jobs it's a bit a pain in the ass. And my diamontron screens are dying smowly so it's time to move on. sigh
>
> Get a Dell 2209WA (please note that it has to be exactly that
> combination of digits and letters), or any other screen that uses e-IPS
> technology. Should be available from €360 onwards, which is a lot for a
> 22" flat panel, but it's in a different league from the TN screens that
> you find on every street corner.

365€ refurbished…

I'm not looking for bigger than 22-23" anyway. I'd better have a second screen for more real estate.

It'll have to wait, I don't have the money :(

Denis H]
No LOPPSI!
No HADOPI!
No ACTA!