Interesting article about Google and h.264

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 16 15:50:00 CET 2011

Agreed.  One of the reason I so despise Apple is the case of firewire.  It
is a protocol and hardware spec I thought was pretty much brilliant.  Way
better than USB which still gives no end of issues.  However, due to Apple's
insanely high licensing fees, it was pretty much dead on arrival on the PC
side.  After a couple of years Apple dropped their licensing fees but it was
too late.  It was a better choice than USB but lost because of their own
greed.  Ultimately, it even disappeared on their own platform.

James R. Coplin