NAMM

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 13 21:47:49 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> So they basicly put all their sound tech (including digital classic synths) in a body that looks like it's more or less from the 80's. I guess thats cool in a way, but also boring, its almost like a Korg computer in a keyboard.

If your doing gigs on a semi-regular basis as a keyboard player its
fantastic.  This is squarely set to that market.  Being the last guy
not to bring a laptop and a shitty controller on stage, this appeals
to me.

If you look at the details, there is a lot to like.  Some of the
Legacy collection is in there.  The polyphony is pretty epic, even on
the modeling synths.  The FX are double what you got on the M3.  The
RAM is 1gb.  It uses SSD storage, and it interfaces tightly with a
computer when you need to.  Its only 12kg which makes it ligher than
the M3.  Its got Karma, which is more interesting the more you get
into it.  Its got a great feature for live use, where you can swich
between sounds, combi or song from one screen without any interruption
in sound (If I am sustaining a loop and change programs, my loop keeps
playing with the same FX until i stop it).  About the only thing I am
missing are the trigger pads the M3 has which I make heavy use of
live.

If your not into workstations, you wont like it.