Ubuntu studio running from a SD card...

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 9 09:39:52 CET 2011

> It's not working via an SD card on my relatively new HP.
> I made a live CD and that's working.

Bummer .. I boot from my USB stick on my HP at work just fine.  Dunno what the issue is, but anyway ..

>  Probably won't use it much as it's slow as hell...
> (Can't mount my C drive either, BTW. I need to check how I can do this,
> probably my fault)

It will definitely be slow booting from CD, thats for sure, but pure:dyne has a config where it'll boot everything from ramdisk that is *blindingly* fast .. see if you can set that up .. or maybe see if you can debug booting from SD (often times its related to the partition table on the SD - some BIOS can't handle booting from weirdly partitioned SD cards, and there are many SD cards out there, partitioned wierdly ..)

> Just arrived in Rizoa, -9degrees and snowing.

Got up with a very excited 3 year old, who wanted to have breakfast with Daddy as quickly as possible so he could return to our project from yesterday - building robots with Lego Technics.  He's already disassembled the fully working robot arm I kludged together for him all day yesterday, and is on his way to making .. something else .. ;)

Sunday morning fun!

Oh, and its wet outside, warmer than it should be, and our snow is nearly almost gone except for the three igloos we made, which are now just knobs in the garden ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan