China again...

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 24 16:08:53 CET 2011

Op 24-2-2011 15:19, Joost Schuttelaar schreef:
> On Feb 24, 2011, at 15:18 , Tom Adam wrote:
>
>> I'm still not fully recovered from the medical test I had to go through
>> to get this visa.
> Seriously?

That was some serious hell to go through.
First they wanted to stick a needle in my arm. I explained them I wanted
to see them take a needle out of a new blister. It took them another 30
min. before they complied to my request. Faith was gone by than. They
took like 500cc of blood in 3 hours. They just put me in a chair and
forgot about me.
The X-ray was just scary. The machine looked like a nuclear submarine
from the 50's.
Than the urine sample, I had to go pie outside (-12degrees) in the most
disgusting shed. You had to run though the whole hospital to put your
sample somewhere. I actually followed a trace of urine to find the right
room...
Than they lost my papers. Wait another hour. Finally some medic came to
me, looked at me for 5 min and declared me healthy... (I guess, he just
shoved me in the hallway...)
Nobody spoke English, and my translator was not allowed to follow me
during some of the tests. (I get it for the x-ray thing, but just try to
do an eye test with Chinese characters...)
Nop, next time I request a visa in the EU. It's expensive as hell, but
at least you can have the tests done in 2 hours.

Cheers,
ToAd