sampler with flash memory

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 23 14:57:14 CET 2011

Hi Tony,

> I think we have a winner here!   Cheap and not to fancy, but good
> enough to play back sound FX and looped bits.  In the studio, it would
> probably be fun to work with my modular, too.

My 8 year son and 11 year old daughter have made some convincing tracks
from it so it's not hard to operate as a sample player.  The pattern
sequencer is a bit more obscure though.

It's 12 voice polyphonic which is 6 voice if you use stereo samples.
That should be too much of a limitation. If it is you can mix some
samples together, creating a new sample and using that.

You can put the FAT format CF card into your PC/Mac and load it up with
WAVs and then easily import that to the Roland when you insert the card
into it.

The pads aren't velocity sensitive though. It has onboard flash ram too
so you don't necessarily need a CF card once it's loaded up.

Plenty of YouTube vids around of this one.

Cheers

Chris