sampler with flash memory

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 22 21:06:54 CET 2011

Since my experience last Saturday I am trying to retool my rig to be a
little more fault tolerant.   My big single point of failure, my M3,
is going to be retired from the setup.  I want to try and find
something cheap and portable that I can (possibly) take two of to the
gig, and break the rig down into a keyboard controller + module setup.
 I hate adding MIDI to the mix, but I think it will be better than
trying to shoehorn everything into a single board.

The one big problem I am having is finding anything that, if it gets
rest like the M3 did, doesnt shut me down for 2 or 3 minutes while it
power cycles back up + another 2 or 3 minutes loading a sample bank.

In that spirit, does anyone know anything that can satisfy the following:

1.  Portable
2.  Rack or small enough to fit on your average MIDI controller
3.  Has at least a small amount of FLASH based memory that wont require loading
4.  Cheap as possible.

So far, the best I can come up with would be something like an
MPC10000.  I dont need a *huge* sample memory, just a 8 megs would be
fine.  If it does have to be loaded, it should do so as quickly as
possible and have an autoload capability.

Any suggestions?

Tony