worst gig of my life

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 20 19:50:00 CET 2011

Well, I did have my Yamaha DTX Multi 12 on stage.  I use it on a
couple tracks to add in some extra drum his and just cause some songs
have too many keyboards in them already...but I ended up playing drums
full time for more than half the set, which is much more than I am
used to or was prepared for.  In almost 20 years of playing live, this
is the first time I had a hardware synth fail on stage.

Apparently, I was the only one who really noticed.  As far as the
audience and the other band members were concerned, it was one of our
best gigs.

As a follow up the M3 seems to be OK today.  I had a feeling the
firewire card might have been the problem because it had been having
problems connecting to the PC recently and crashed the PC when it was.
  I pulled out the card, and the synth has now been on for more than
12 hours without resetting.  Ive kept it under load by playing some
sequences, so I feel confident I can gig it without the FW card
installed.  Though, for other reasons, I think the M3 is going to be
retired from live use.  So might I for that matter.  At least I am
getting tired of playing the rock show type gig.  Too hard on the body
and I dont really get satisfaction from it anymore.

Tony