The electro-music festival 2011 - Huguenot, New York, September 9 - 11, 2011

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 20 15:58:15 CET 2011

I played at the first edition - awesome. If you can make it -
send in your application (as a musician, band, or just as a
visitor). It 'll be worth it.

==============================
The electro-music festival is the world's premiere event for
experimental electronic music. Known as the "Woodstock of
electronic music," it features three full days of concerts,
seminars, demonstrations, workshops, jam sessions,
collaborations, video art, a laptop battle and swap-meet.
Electro-music 2011 will be held at the Greenkill Retreat Center
in Huguenot, New York, September 9 - 11, 2011.  Now in it's
seventh year, we expect this to be the biggest and best
electro-music event ever!

The scope of this festival is very broad, covering all aspects of
electro-music: experimental electronic music, space music,
circuit bending, computer music, electro-jazz, modular synthesis,
musique concrete, improvisation, algorithmic composition,
multi-media, visual art and much more. The focus will be on
participant involvement, sharing, community development, audience
education, and great music.

You can actively participate in electro-music 2011 by performing
music or visuals, giving a seminar, workshop, or demonstration,
joining the jam sessions, or by volunteering to help with various
tasks. Please visit the web site for instructions on how to
participate:
http://event.electro-music.com/
The deadline for application is May 31.

Everyone who attends the festival will need to purchase tickets,
including performing artists and volunteers. We regret that we
cannot provide compensation for artists, or pay for travel
expenses. We strongly encourage full participation: plan to
attend for all three days to support your fellow artists and to
contribute to the sense of community. This makes the event more
enjoyable for everyone.  Highest priority for performance spots
will go to artists who are fully involved. Ticket prices range
from $35 for a single day to $360 for a three-day pass that
includes meals and lodging.