Stand alone multitrack recorders

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 24 09:06:37 CET 2011

Tony,

> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any good quality multitrackers out there anymore, or am I
> pretty much limited to a laptop + control surface + audio interface
> setup?
>
> I am trying to find a recording system that is 'jam ready'.   Any
> suggestions?  I really want it to be as simple as possible.

Check out the ebay, I used to have a roland VS2480 with meter bridge, loaded with DSP cards (also had the nice compressors loaded) and monitor.. it was an awesome system, but not exactly portable.

Prior to that I had a 1680 which was portable, and pretty easy to use... It'd record 8 tracks at a time and might be what you're after.

both of these were rock solid and great to use.

Paul

VacoLoco

http://VacoLoco.net