Lemur, iPad

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 13 18:00:42 CET 2011

Thank you for the advices guys, it s super appreciated :)
Kai wrote exactly what I needed, it's just perfect:)

So I think i will go for an Ipad 3,

and skip the Huge Mackie controler  for the price of 500 euro(nb:it's not
the Mackie controller Pro, so midi interface is needed), it's so a huge
device to be dedicated for logic only ... ( maybe later mackie controllers
will become really cheap 200 euro ? :P )

I think I should live in my own time and do stuff  with IPAD 3. :-P
but it will be smart of me to check  the interaction between Logic and the
Ipad2 as Gert mentioned, ( i want something quite stable, not like the
novation automap stuff  experiences)...

But a question remained who has/had a mackie controller in music bar ?
Is there also some of us working on pro tool by any chance?

I wish you all a good evening :)

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM, K9 Kai Niggemann <canine at waf80.de> wrote:

> against iPad:
> - no tactile feedback
> - (some) apps (sometimes) crash
> - ad hoc network sometimes takes a few tries (with Touch OSC or TouchAble)
> - large ableton projects (mine is over 160 tracks) can get a bit slow in
> touchAble)
> - don't forget the dash when you go to touchAble's website.
>

> in favor of iPad:
> - small
> - cheap
> - constantly evolving (ie. Lemur)
> - (most) apps are very stable (most of the time)
> - apps like touchAble follow what you create in Ableton Live, no need to
> create a new interface
> - beats labeling your keyboard to trigger scenes (and remains the same all
> the time)
>

> some more tips:
> - get a smart cover. it's a great angled stand too.
> - tape the iPad to the front of the table, so it can't slip off.
> - turn on "find my iPad" in case your backpack with all your stuff in it
> gets stolen before the gig
> - don't play games on the iPad. it's a waste of time
> - return apps that are bad and get a full refund

Romain