Happy Birthday Chris!

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 31 11:59:44 CEST 2011

First day back at work :( but good to hear from you and thanks for your
wishes. I'm old school and I don't check my emails whilst on my holidays
;)

I had a great birthday with my wife and two children. On my suggestion
we went to an excellent pub for lunch and the pub is adjacent to the
brewery! (http://www.woodfordes.co.uk/). This was followed by a lovely
walk in a region called the Norfolk Broads.

One of my presents was a bat detector. I did ask for this and in kit
form too so it was quite fun soldering all the components together (yes
I took my soldering iron on holiday!) and then it working first time. It
works very well and my kids plus our friends kids, who were there too,
had great luck in being strafed by bats and also able to hear their
chatter on the detector.

It was this one FWIW:

http://www.magenta2000.co.uk/acatalog/Bat_Detector_Mk_2.html#a1

Well recommended.  I will be making another one but based on divide down
technology rather than heterodyne.

Cheers

Chris