Supercollider front end

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 30 17:42:52 CEST 2011

"Marc Nostromo [M-.-n]" <marc.nostromo at gmail.com> wrote:

>Most operations are done on a tSample typedef so I am relatively safe
>:)
>
>On 30 Aug 2011 17:26, "Tony Hardie-Bick" <tony at entity.net> wrote:
>
>"Marc Nostromo [M-.-n]" <marc.nostromo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>or allow all your processing to be compiled for either float, double
>or
>>fixed :D
>Well if you coded it for fixed AND float, then you got an edge ;)

I guess if it's fixed point rather than "integer", then, yeah, 32 bits is quite attractive - more so than single precision float even. Nevertheless, this does sound suspiciously like good design. ARM is definitely a worthwhile target, and ARM without FPU - do you know how cheap those things are? Next question is whether it'll run without virtual addressing ;)

Tony (HB)