subnotebook/netbook w/ linux 4 electronic music?

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 26 13:21:33 CEST 2011

BTW, if you are looking at linux for audio (no matter what platform) I
really recommend pure:dyne. It's a distribution with a rt kernel and all
main apps already included. I could run my tracker through jack on an eee
701 with 16 samples (<ms).

http://puredyne.org/

Supposedly, the live key even seems to support some kind of dynamic drive so
that you can boot it on any machine and get your environment pronto.

And speaking of distributions, has anyone heard if there is a way of getting
busybox working with a RT kernel ? My dingoo boots within seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EV9JYvyiSo

and this makes me think it would make a good contender for a generic linux
base to write "hardware" synth for (which is something that I can't get off
my mind lately).

Cheers
Marc

http://nostromo.noisepages.com