subnotebook/netbook w/ linux 4 electronic music?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 25 11:53:06 CEST 2011

> I have a netbook (already 3-4 years old). I have never been that enthusiastic about its performance, though (or actually - performance wise it sucks big time), and I would never buy one again. I'd rather have an emplty purse, but a good laptop, than some change left and a netbook again.

I love my little netbook, it is really a cute little PC, but if I have to do something heavy duty I just can't get away from my multi-core machine .. the netbook, though, does give me a very good remote interface to that machine when I need it ..

> Or go for an iPad. Awesome for music apps.

.. then again, my iPad+BT keyboard is also a great way to access my home machine, its true.

And yeah, iPad music-making is awesome, I have to admit that last nights jam session really made me think I should ditch the 19" rack entirely and just go all-iPad.  Heh heh, if only the 10-year-ago me could see me having this thought now, wouldn't he be a little bitch .. ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan