pitch shifter

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 23 05:35:39 CEST 2011

On 22.08.2011, at 12:30, Peter Korsten wrote:

> Um, what is the difference between pitch and frequency, according to you?

If I understand it correctly, a frequency shifter will shift all tones by the set frequency, say up 440Hz. A (440 Hz) thus becomes 880 Hz where its octave 880 Hz becomes 1320 Hz.

Whereas a Pitch Shifter thinks in semitones, so shifting 440 Hz up an octave becomes 880 Hz, whereas shifting that octave itself up an octave it becomes 1760 Hz.

I never read this anywhere so I may be completely mistaken, but that is how I understood the workings of Live's "Frequency Shifter"...

Kai