London/UK violence

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 19 20:13:57 CEST 2011

On 19/08/2011 16:48, diode wrote:

> Le 9 août 2011 à 22:59, The Dong a écrit :
>
>> "Broken Britain!" :)
> If it's broken, fix it.

I did that long ago.

But there are areas that have been broken on purpose without regard for
those within!
In many areas there are no jobs, but being employed (I prefer the slave
word) isn't the only option. Probably the worst option for many, actually.

I don't need to fix it, because for me and my family, it is working
perfectly well. In Scotland, for our family in our particular
circumstances, it seems there is far less fiscal persecution, oh sure,
on paper it looked bad for a while (propaganda) but really, those in DWP
and the Job Centre are clueless to help much, more hinder, so we ignored
their advice as abhorrent and followed the best route e.g. we now have
free dentist, free NHS, free prescriptions, free glasses and contact
lenses (don't need them, partner does), free travel all over Scotland
(bus only), tax exemptions and reductions (zero council tax, no income
tax as yet), free further education for son, and expenses offset
possibilities with family business + more, I forget it all.
And now, very little interference or hassle from government subsidiaries
(indeed, I don't sign on, get absolutely no correspondence or hassle,
yet get more money than Job Seekers allowance) Of course, my partner is
disabled (duh, no you cannot have all these perks for just being
unemployed or lazy)

Why on earth would I be inclined to riot?
Maybe for a laugh ;)
No, I don't have a lot of money, but as long as I can put through all my
loose vegetables and fruit as potatoes in the self service isle out
shopping, I save tens of pounds a week there too, lol. I'll bet these
self-serve shops sell more potatoes than they buy in, then wonder why
all the sweet potatoes, squashes and exotic fruit are shrinking...

Of course, I cannot just up and off anywhere at the best of times, nor
can I realistically take on a job atm, even if I wanted to. but I do
help out in 'the business' a fair bit.

I think the most major part of the problem is how those who are made
unemployed are treated, at a time where there is panic and uncertainty
about how to carry on, both on paper and by staff at government hired
businesses. The DWP and Job Centre, if you've ever dealt with them, tend
to treat everyone almost like a criminal from the off, even if you are
signing on for the first time after working all your life.
It either makes one angry or depressed, or both, and if not those
emotions, then defiant. For me, I just ignore all of the words ;)

It isn't broken, as long as you know how to circumnavigate the doodah
for the doodah propaganda gone mad it is and avoid thinking that being
unemployed is a hole you can't get out of. It's an opportunity to be a
sole trader/self employed with little to no financial risk for one!
Although NONE of the staff will encourage you to do this, they will just
do whatever keeps you on their lists and makes the company money e.g.
take one of their courses or even just signing on for a while makes them
money. It's a scandalous operation ;)

Scotland is dandy.